[Sca-cooks] SCA media relations

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat Aug 23 06:45:08 PDT 2003

> > If you look like media, and you're on
> > your own, you can expect to be challenged in a hostile manner.
> Why? We really don't need to offend the press. We already have enough
> trouble with stereotypes and the "wierdness" angle to worry about. If
> you wish to control the situation, there are probably a lot better
> methods to do so than offending folks, especially the press.

Respectable members of the press would have contacted either Pennsic or
Coopers Lake, beforehand or at the gate. They would be escorted by a media
liason. That's the rule. A member of the press wandering around loose is
already breaking the rules. They've already displayed contempt and
disrespect for our setup.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"This heavenly city, then, while it sojourns on earth, calls citizens
out of all nations, and gathers together a society of pilgrims of all
languages, not scrupling about diversities in manners, laws, and
institutions whereby earthly peace is secured and maintained, but
recognizing that, however various these are, they all tend to one and
the same end of earthly peace." -- St.  Augustine of Hippo