[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic Potluck was Oops!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 26 21:45:14 PDT 2003

Johnnae commented:
> Pennsic potluck- I came over for about five minutes and then left
> because the combination heat, humidity, and the heat index had just
> wiped me out by the end of the afternoon on Tuesday. That was the day
> after the rain when the sun came out. I did leave a container of
> candied
> orange peels before I retreated to the A/C.
The orange peels were good. However, now that you remind me, after I
had a few I never saw them again. :-)
I wish you could have stayed longer. I had planned to make your class
the next(?) day, but didn't get up in time.

So where did you find A/C at Pennsic?
Despite the fact that things were getting soggy at Pennsic due to the
rain, I rather liked the clouds, even though they were accompanied by
occasional sprinkles and a few downpours. The last few days reminded me
all too much of the first Pennsic week last year. Even the water at the
Classic swimming hole seemed warmer this year than in previous years.
Time to make some outfits with the thinner linen fabric I got at this
year's Pennsic.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas