originals and redactions Re: [Sca-cooks] "All the King's Cooks"

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 28 09:18:21 PDT 2003

> But this is the question that comes up whenever one approaches any
> cookbook that features traditional or heirloom or historical recipes.

Nope, not really.

I'm wondering why we seem to prefer books with the original source but
really lousy and misleading redactions to books with good redactions the
original sources are only cited, not reproduced. (I can provide
examples...)

As a librarian, it seems to me that a book that is inaccurate is much
worse than one that is accurate but only references rather than
reproducing the originals...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full."
   - Henry Kissinger