[Sca-cooks] Help with a translation - OT

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 13:12:04 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/30/2003 3:56:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
countgunthar at hotmail.com writes:

> I need a translation into either Swedish or a Germanic language of
> my motto:
>
> Better to be dead than dishonored.
>
> If I could have it soon, I'd really appreciate it. I'm making a personal
> banner and would like to have the motto.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Gunthar

According to the translator site I used, German is

"Besser, um Verstorbene zu sein, als entehrt".

Swedish is a bit problematic, as apparently the only translators I've found
so far are actually human <G>. Hope this helps.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke