[Sca-cooks] Visiting New York

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 31 13:34:46 PDT 2003

AEllin replied to my inquiry with:
> All Mondays. In fact. many places are open on Holiday Mondays, for the
> convenience of the public, but then that week they close on Tuesday.
> (The Met doesn't seem to be doing that.)
>
> This is so automatic to me, it is so standard in NYC, that I didn't
> realize it wasn't the case in other places.
It may be, but there aren't that many museums around here, especially
ones with anything medieval, so I'm not in them much and when I am it
is likely to be a weekend. Yours and others explanations certainly
makes sense.
I just didn't want you thinking Cariadoc was thinking of Labor Day
Monday and giving him the info for that day, while he was actually
planning on the next Monday with that Monday perhaps being treated
differently.
Perhaps even worse than showing up on Monday and then finding out they
were closed, would be skipping the museum entirely because of time
pressures and then finding out later that they were open on regular
Mondays.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas