[Sca-cooks] Sweet potatoes

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 1 19:16:21 PST 2003

ranvaig wrote:
>  I think I am the only person that likes sweet potatoes as a
>  vegetable. No sugar at all, please.

OK, just got back from visiting my mother. the less said the better.

As for sweet potatoes, i like whole, baked in their skin, slit open
with some good butter, and a tiny dash of salt.

I skipped the sweet potato casserole at Thanksgiving dinner, thank
the heavens it didn't have marshmallows, just some grated orange
zest, but it isn't on Atkins and i was saving my naughtiness for
dessert - half a slice each of the hostess's homemade pumpkin pie and
pecan pie.

i'm sure there's more to say to the list, but i've just barely
finished downloading 1000 messages (not all from this list, which i
get as a digest), so i haven't had a chance to read 'em all yet ;-P

Anahita