[Sca-cooks] Re: Not OOP--serving shrimp

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 3 09:19:37 PST 2003

Cailte asked:
>--On Tuesday, December 02, 2003 5:12 PM -0500 Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:
>They mostly just seem to be "boil and serve with
>>vinegar".  Quite  tasty, too
>
>any spices/seasoning in the vinegar?   i keep thinking 'pickled shrimp'....
>or just vinegar as dipping sauce?   any special kind of vinegar?

There is this article by Lady Constance, but it deals a bit more with cooking, especially which type of salt to use in boiling the shrimp, than the serving of them. She does use the shrimp recipe from Harleian MS. 4016 which we've been discussing. She uses malt vinegar.
Shrympes-art      (16K) 10/11/01    "Shrympes" by Lady Constance de Larose.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/Shrympes-art.html

Stefan