[Sca-cooks] appetizers

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 3 16:14:16 PST 2003

Cecily commented:

I am making mustards and precooking some recipes gleaned from other folks
off the web for conjectural viking/early period for the appetizer sideboard
I am doing for Atenveldt's Kingdom 12th night,
<<<<

So what are these appetizer like recipes that you've found/conjectured? Appetizers are sometimes a good way to introduce folks to period foods, whether at get-togethers outside the SCA or potlucks within. Or possibly even at a fighter practice.

Anyone have any good suggestons? Wafers, which I have taken to pot lucks before, might work as appetizers. And the ubiquous cheese-goo (Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese).

Stefan
(who did recently start an appetizer-msg file to eventually go into the Florilegium for exactly this purpose)