[Sca-cooks] Period Foods: How to Fake It!

Cera Chonaill cera_chonaill at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 07:05:32 PST 2003

I’m looking a running a simple periods cooking discussion at our 12th night
(the feast of fools) on how to do period lunches and off board meals without
needing to research recipes. Bottom line, how to make it appear and even
possibly taste like period food without any real work. Things like foods
that can be prepped ahead of time, stand up to travel and can be eaten cold.

To this end, for the fun of it, I thought I’d ask the list, how have you
faked it in the past. What more modern recipes have you passed of as period
(looking) to make your life simpler and table spread look more authentic?
Before you answer that, BBQ chicken for the grocery store doesn’t count
since whom here hasn’t done that at least once. :-)

In Service and making a messing of her kitchen,

Cera