[Sca-cooks] Stuffing birds

Lora Weems.Leofwynn atte Gos muchosnombresfarm at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 12:25:48 PST 2003

As some of y'all may know, I raise quite a few different birds.  Right now, I have in my yard 'extra' turkeys, guineas, ducks, chickens, and pigeons ('extra' in this context meaning, "I have to butcher them because they are eating me out of house and home" and there are too many males.)  I have seen references of birds stuffed inside birds - you know, "Take a goose, and in that put a duck...".
What I would like to do is, bone a plucked turkey, and then put meat from the other birds in the turkey, and wrap it in a cooking net and roasting all (or smoking over mesquite).
My question is, should I skin the 'interior' birds?  or pluck them?  At issue here, is that my birds are range birds, so dont have the fat that store birds have.  Also, should I put seasonings and/or grains/veggies as stuffing too?

All input would be appreciated!

Thanks

Leofwynn atte Gos
House Whiteshark

If it's Tourist Season, why can't you shoot them?