[Sca-cooks] Porringers?

M. Unruh-Bays eirenetz at comcast.net
Sat Dec 6 18:25:36 PST 2003

Hi-

I'm trying to put together a set of period table implements. Currently, I'm
looking at pewter. I have found on-line references to porringers from the
17th century, but not earlier. Regrettably, I don't have access to books on
table settings just now, although I know they're out there.

So, two questions - how early were they manufactured and used, and what
would be the best choice for a book on period table settings? I'm
concentrating on western Europe, c. 1250 - 1500.

Eirene