[Sca-cooks] process approach to food history

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Dec 9 09:36:10 PST 2003

Got into a discussion on our kingdom list about relating period and modern
food, which brought up some interesting thoughts.

Are we ready to teach/consider food history in terms of process? Are we
ready to address the foods that are related in some way to period foods,
and discuss how modern foods may have evolved from period foods? I know
Olwen has done some comparisons for a demo handout. I find that when I
consider the history of something as a developmental process-- like the
approach taken to shirts in the clothing book _Cut my Cote_ -- I find it
much easier to learn...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_