[Sca-cooks] "Creating Community With Food and Drink in Merovingian Gul" Merovingian Gul"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 15 21:51:36 PST 2003

Johnna answered me with:
> I own it. Bought it at the Medieval Conference in May.
> What do you want to know?
Well, the info I gave below is *all* the info I have on this book. That
is all the description that Amazon.com had. So, is the book worth $50?
There aren't going to be recipes but are there interpretations given?
If so, do they appear to be reasonable or contain modern foods or food
items not known about then? What is *your* opinion of this book? Does
it give any details on how a Merovingian feast might have been held? Or
how food might have differed depending upon class?

Stefan
> > In searching for something else I ran across this book:
> > Creating Community With Food and Drink in Merovingian Gaul
> > by Bonnie Effros
> > List Price:   $49.95
> >
> > It sounds like it might be interesting but a bit expensive o buy
> > without more info. Does anyone have any info about this book?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas