[Sca-cooks] smoked turkey necks?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 20 21:44:53 PST 2003

I've been seeing multiple displays of smoked turkey necks in my grocery
lately. Perhaps because of the recent Thanksgiving holiday, although I
don't remember seeing these in previous years. Maybe I just didn't
notice.

Anyway, what can these be used for? Can these be used to flavor other
foods to give a smokey flavor such as is done with smoked ham hocks? Or
would the turkey necks disintegrate into a lot of tiny bones? By the
same reasoning, I suspect there are too many bones, or not enough meat
that these are actually used as a meat source. Or am I wrong here?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com