[Sca-cooks] Shakespearean Food on Public Radio

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 09:33:32 PST 2003

I'm listening on a local public radio station in San Francisco which
streams on-line, to a show called "To the Best of Our Knowledge".
They are soon going be airing a segment on "The Shakespearean
Kitchen". I suspect it may be inspired by a recent book which Johnna
has given a not very good review (great photos, modern recipes that
have little to do with their 16th c. counterparts).

The teaser mentioned "spinach cookies"...

I don't know when other local stations air this program, but you
could listen on-line - if you turn your computer on now - to "To the
Best of Our Knowledge" at:
http://www.kalw.org

The show has its own website:
http://www.ttbook.org

At this very moment a guy is talking about French bread, but the next
segment will be the 16th c. stuff.

Anahita