[Sca-cooks] goose

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 19:56:35 PST 2003

Adamantius talking about ways to use gooses said:
> Take half the fat and the chopped goose meat, and make rillettes?
Okay, what are these "rillettes"? A potted meat of the goose fat and
meat?

I have seen geese in the store, and lots of comments here about how
good the fat is for various things. Sometime I am going to get one and
see. I suggested it for this last Thanksgiving, in fact. But that got
shot down pretty quickly. My wife doesn't like the dark meat, and a
goose is largely dark meat, right? So that was probably part of the
problem, although some of it was just because it was different.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com