[Sca-cooks] goose

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 22:19:42 PST 2003

Kris commented:
 > Use the goose meat for making goose pot pies. I buy chicken pieces
 > *cheap* and boil them up for stock. The meat is usually so tender and
 > flavourful at that point, I don't have to add many seasonings. mmm...
 > I may do this tonight.
I'm confused here. Are you using the meat that you have been boiling to
get the stock? Or adding the cooked chicken to stock that you have
gotten from another source, such as the goose or chicken? When we've
discussed this previously, I thought I was told not to bother using the
meat that had been boiled because that meat would be pretty tasteless,
the flavor now having been transferred to the broth. Actually cooking
the chicken in the goose broth seems like it might get you goose
flavored chicken meat and thus make your goose go further.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com