[Sca-cooks] Recipes in verse

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 22:30:01 PST 2003

Cailte commented:
> Quoting jenne at fiedlerfamily.net:
> >> THL Gwen Katrin von Berlin,
> >> having been offered admittance into the Order of the Laurel
Yes, Congratulations/Condolences to GwenCat.
> hurrah indeed!  a lovely, learned and gentle lady who was willing to
> put
> up with a bard who insisted on writing some recipes for a handout in
> verse.  8-)
Of course I've never heard this particular story, but putting the
recipe or menu in verse was not unknown in period. See this file and if
anyone has any more examples, I'd love to get them:
rec-in-verse-msg  (12K)  1/10/03    Period recipes written in a verse
format.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/rec-in-verse-msg.html

Stefan
--------