[Sca-cooks] chocolate merengue cake

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 24 19:37:15 PST 2003

A sleepy Magdalena commented:
> The first batch of merengue I made for the flourless chocolate cake
> didn't turn out.
Recipe, please?
> First time that's ever happened to me.  So, I had to
> start over with seperating another half dozen eggs.  When I finally got
> it whipped up and folded into the chocolate mixture
I thought this was going to be a chocolate mixture topped with merengue
but here you talk about folding it into the chocolate mixture. The
merengue is inside the chocolate mixture? Or is this a chocolate
merengue? I thought merengue was egg whites and sugar and other stuff?
whipped together. Or is this like a hostess muffin, chocolate cake
surrounding the merengue? Either Stefan is just totally confused or
perhaps Magdalena was sleepier than she thought.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com