[Sca-cooks] cocoa meringues

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 21:45:10 PST 2003

Cailte commented:
> >  Either Stefan is just totally confused or
> > perhaps Magdalena was sleepier than she thought.
>
> hmmmmmm... got me thinking of the cocoa meringues in my "settlement
> cookbook"
Okay, more details. Please. Are these like the cake we've been
discussing where the meringue is sort of mixed in with the chocolate? I
assume the meringue is a bit compressed by this and not the fluffy
meringue that I'm familiar with on the top of pies. Or is this a
chocolate-flavored, chocolate-colored meringue made by mixing chocolate
into a meringue?

This type of chocolate is not period but is meringue period? Would the
"snow" we've talked about that is used with wafers be considered a
meringue?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas