[Sca-cooks] Re: adding stuff to pound cake

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 14:17:41 PST 2003

        I've tried and enjoyed the cranberry poundcake Finn posted here a
while ago, but now I want advice on a new perversion - poundcake with candied
apricots.  I've eaten a commercial version which I can't find any more, but since
I have a whole box of c.ap. from Sunnyland Pecan Farms....  My query is -
about how much would be appropriate? The cranberries don't interfere with the
sweetness balance of the cake; indeed, they are tart.  Adding 8-10 oz of apricots
might make the cake VERY sweet.  Also, would I be well-advised to cut the
apricots in quarters before dredging with flour?
     Thanks
            Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com