[Sca-cooks] maintenance questions -- feast gear

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 29 07:50:07 PST 2003

Last fall, I managed to get appointed Shire chamberlain (just before the
last chamberlain got sent home from Ur due to unplanned collision with a
jeep). Yesterday being warm and sunny, I trucked over the shire storage
unit and did the inventory. I have a couple of questions for y'all about
group gear:

- what kind of marker works best on aluminum/steel trays and bowls

- do you have a favorite grease-cutting dish soap (I now know the one we
used at our last event didn't work, ick)?

- should wooden bowls with a finish on them be oiled?

- anybody have a good cheap source for those composite wood bowls or some
other substitute for soup-sized and butter-sized wooden or cheap plastic
bowls?

- anybody have a good idea what proportion of large to small bowls one
should have for feastgear?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists certainly as love and
generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to
your life its highest beauty and joy." -- Francis P. Church