[Sca-cooks] new years eve dinner

margali mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 03:07:54 PST 2003

since rob and i were up we decided to discuss what to make for new years
dinner...

we are having 2 fondues, one of digby's cheesy spoo and one of broth to
cook chicken and shrimp, and maybe scallops in, along with asparagus,
cauliflower, waxy potatos, pearl onions to be cooked in the broth and
dunked in the cheesy spoo. I think a nice rich eggy but not sweet bread,
  trencherlike to sop up the drips, and i am torn about dessert. A nice
raw spinach salad, and assorted raw and preserved veggies are in order
as well. Maybe deviled eggs...

i have a wild urge to make a linzertort, but then i also want a rustic
pear tart [with custard] or a bavarian. *whine*

i know, i should make all 3...but rob is on meds which preclude dairy,
hence the 2 fondues...

Yes Phlip, dark chicken meat, not just white.....grin
margali