[Sca-cooks] Marsala mushroom appetizers

Linda Peterson mirhaxa at morktorn.com
Tue Dec 2 14:13:02 PST 2003

The juice is thin, we do use toothpicks by the dish.  Mirhaxa

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Harris Mark.S-rsve60 wrote:

> Mirhaxa replied to me with:
> >>>>
> > > the drippings of the Marsala mushroom appetizers.
> > And the recipe/directions for this is?
> > Stefan
>
> Just directions, I think there's plenty of leeway in this one. Heavily
> butter a large rectagular baking dish. Put in a layer of fresh quartered
> or button mushrooms, sprinkle with chopped garlic to taste. Pour over a
> couple of cups of Marsala (or enough to come about halfway up the
> mushrooms). Bake in a medium oven 10-20 minutes or until done, sprinkle
> with chopped parsley and serve as appetizer.
> <<<<
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I'm glad you gave an idea of how much wine to add, as I probably wouldn't
have guessed this.
> This sounds pretty messy as a finger food or do the mushrooms end up
absorbing most of the wine so that they just have a sauce of reduced wine on
them? I guess you can always use toothpicks if you want to serve them as
finger food.

> I could see this sauce being anywhere from a soup to a thick goo. But you
did mention using the "drippings", so I would guess this is on the thicker
side of the possibilities.

  mirhaxa at morktorn.com