[Sca-cooks] Mushroom feast

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Dec 2 19:41:43 PST 2003

I can see this as a dinner party maybe, but as a full blown feast, I
rather think
that there'd be too many people who either hate mushrooms or are
allergic. It might
work well as a contest or Iron Chef contest even.
We actually had a member who was deathly allergic to them. It's a rather
serious allergy for those that have it, and this was at a time when
people didn't post all
the ingredients for feasts as is common practice now. I can remember
checking with
various cooks as to what was or was not in various dishes.

You should try and read Jane Grigson's classic work on them, if you want
recipes
in the traditional vein.

Johnnae llyn Lewis