[Sca-cooks] OP: shrimps

maredudd at caerthe.org maredudd at caerthe.org
Wed Dec 3 13:11:39 PST 2003

Quoting Tara Sersen Boroson <tara at kolaviv.com>:

<snip>

> When it is peeled only to near the tail, the diner has been had.

At this point it's finger food.

I have found that if I press my thumbnail into the partially peeled shrimp just
below the tail and through the shell, it cuts the meat enough to make it easy
to pull the entire thing out with my teeth. Not too messy, and no one knows
what you're doing. I used to take my fork and split the shell, and peel it away
before biting, but this was messy and awkward.

Of course, you have to have some extra nail, and not mind shrimp essence under
your thumbnail for the remainder of the meal. I suppose you could do the same
thing with a knife.

Eirene
mmmmm, shrimp!