[Sca-cooks] Period dishes for Christmas dinners

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Dec 4 05:33:03 PST 2003

I've done both armored turnips and cormarye for work christmas parties
(different years).  This year, I'm leaning towards doing some sort of
chicken dish--maybe Capon Cooked in Mrs. Duffield's Way (sort of a
chicken in orange sauce), or Zirbaya (Andalusian; chicken in a
rosewater/almond sauce).  In my case, it needs to be something that
cooks/keeps hot in a crockpot.
Our baronial winter party is this Friday, and for that, I'm bringing a
completely non-period "Caribbean Chicken" dish--chicken marinated in
rum, lime juice, dark brown sugar, fresh ginger, allspice, and a few
other things, and then baked or broiled.  Mmmmm.....I'm making myself
hungry!
--maire