[Sca-cooks] Period dishes for Christmas dinners

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 4 07:34:10 PST 2003

> I've probably got one or more holiday dinners with relatives where I
> could do this, as well as a pot luck or two. So I'd like to hear any
> suggestions as well.

While Brangwayna is probably tired of armored turnips, my family isn't,
and they've become a staple of holiday fare. Savory toasted cheese is
another treat looked forward to in my family. The beef roast from Welserin
is amazing, and cormary isn't bad. We've used Hen in Broth for holiday
soups (my friend Sarah bas Mordechai served it as a matzoh ball soup).
Chopped Spinach from de Nola and also his Cibollada of onions go over
well. The spinach dish (Islamic) in Cariadoc's Miscellany is also popular.

If you would like I can post the recipes and my redactions.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including
yourself. That's what sin is." -- Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_