[Sca-cooks] Period dishes for Christmas dinners

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Dec 4 09:10:23 PST 2003

Maire commented:
I've done both armored turnips and cormarye for work christmas parties
(different years).  This year, I'm leaning towards doing some sort of
chicken dish--maybe Capon Cooked in Mrs. Duffield's Way (sort of a
chicken in orange sauce), or Zirbaya (Andalusian; chicken in a
rosewater/almond sauce).  In my case, it needs to be something that
cooks/keeps hot in a crockpot.
<<<<
Yes, exactly the kind of reason I was interested in the earlier suggestions of period foods which could be cooked in a crockpot.

Our baronial winter party is this Friday, and for that, I'm bringing a
completely non-period "Caribbean Chicken" dish
<<<<

You don't find a bit irony in the fact that you are cooking a period dish for your work christmas party but a non-period dish for your SCA party??? :-)

This "Caribbean Chicken" dish does sound good. Recipe? Or is just something you are coming up with as you cook it?

Stefan