[Sca-cooks] Period Foods: How to Fake It!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:52:38 PST 2003

>I’m looking a running a simple periods cooking discussion at our 12th night
>(the feast of fools) on how to do period lunches and off board meals
>without needing to research recipes. Bottom line, how to make it appear and
>even possibly taste like period food without any real work. Things like
>foods that can be prepped ahead of time, stand up to travel and can be
>eaten cold.
>
>To this end, for the fun of it, I thought I’d ask the list, how have you
>faked it in the past. What more modern recipes have you passed of as period
>(looking) to make your life simpler and table spread look more authentic?
>Before you answer that, BBQ chicken for the grocery store doesn’t count
>since whom here hasn’t done that at least once. :-)
>
>In Service and making a messing of her kitchen,
>
>Cera

I have done a few things that are generally accepted without anyone asking
about them.  The wee apple-eggs appear from time to time on tables or Queens
teas and the edible bouquets too.  I suppose some of the solties I/we do
could be questionable in total or in part, like the white chocolate wings on
the creamcheese dragon that was scaled in the candied fruitcake fruits.
Olwen who never did the store-bought BBQ chicken