[Sca-cooks] Fruit pies?

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Dec 4 10:00:37 PST 2003

--On Thursday, December 04, 2003 12:19 PM -0500 Tara Sersen Boroson
<tara at kolaviv.com> wrote:

> Ok, I was watching the food channel (for those who know me and are
> appalled to hear that I was actually watching television at all, in my
> defense I was in a hotel room late at night with none of my usual
> accoutrement of Things To Do.)  They were doing this show of "Top 5
> lists" - like top five sticky foods, and junk like that.

i was watching the Top 5-athon day after thanksgiving (while playing with
my marzipan like a good little girl... always multi-task) and found more
than a few discrepancies.  but i take most of what is said on that show
with several pillars of salt.

nearly died last year when i read the recipes from emeril's 'medieval
banquet' show.

if st. alton didn't say it, it ain't so.

i think the inedible crust was one of their better assumptions, tho taken
too far.   wonder what the food channel would do if a bunch of medieval
cooks contacted them, and invited someone to a real medieval feast? ;)

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions