[Sca-cooks] Period Foods: How to Fake It!

Cera Chonaill cera_chonaill at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:40:16 PST 2003

Thank you coming in to my defense. Good thing my hide is so thick that it's
almost impossible to get through. Plus, I guess no one got to the email that
was meant to clear up the question a bit.

For those on the list...

Let make the question more clear, it was meant to get info for NON Cooks so
they can make an attempt at period looking lunches (look at it from their
prospective, we haven't convinced them yet that it is fun to spend hours in
the kitchen). I don't know about you but I'm sick of seeing McDonalds or
some other fast food chain bags at the off board tables. Plus it is a topic
for 12th, 'the feast of fools', where it is not meant to be for the serious
cooks but to help those who would like to make the attempt to look and feel
more period in an area that is NOT their main interest..... Breath....let
the shock subside, cooking not their interest but we'll convert them yet :-)
.

I on the other hand would make the food as period as possible with the
research to go with it, since I love to use the lunch/off board table as a
testing spot. Oh my poor, poor friends.... ;-)

In Service,

Cera
still alive after all the brow-beaten... smile... remember we must slowly
convert the non cooks to our way of think... "It's okay to spend 11 hours on
one recipe just to get it right" :-)