[Sca-cooks] candied orange peel

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Fri Dec 5 11:56:06 PST 2003

How long can I store candied orange peels?  I don't figure they'll go
bad quickly, but will the texture change if I store them too long?  I'm
wondering if they are something I can do this far ahead for Christmas.
I've always served or eaten them fresh before - they're usually too good
to leave alone ;)

<musing>I tend to buy organic oranges for anything involving the peel.
Between the pesticides on the surface and the wax (which I hate skimming
off the top of my truffle ganache as it cools,) I've always been more
comfortable that way.  I hope I can find organic blood oranges.  I've
seen them in the past, but sporadically.</musing>

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei