[Sca-cooks] Almond Jello

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 6 10:29:24 PST 2003

> --- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Do you remember
>> whether the agar mixes
>> that you've used that had no gelatin took
>> longer to gel than these two?
>
> I have never used an agar mix without gelatin, as
> the two that I mentioned previously are the only
> ones I have used.  In a previous post, Selene
> thought that they were gelatin free.  I don't
> know if she has had experience with gelatin free
> agar mix or not.  I am sure that she will pipe up
> and tell us when she can.
>
> Huette

The plain sweetened agar with no gelatic firmed up in about an hour at room
temperature, so I would say yes.  My experimentation with the addition of
alcoholic fluids in the mixing liquid have been unsatisfactory as yet,
possibly some chemical conflict that I have not managed to narrow down.
Kanten shots await!

Selene C.