[Sca-cooks] Almond Jello

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 6 08:37:58 PST 2003

--- Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
wrote:
> Huette commented:
> > If you read my previous message,it really
> isn't
> > gelatin free.  It is just as easy to use, but
> it
> > takes just a tad longer to set.
> Ah! I was wondering why both of these two mixes
> did not use 100 percent
> agar and instead added in some gelatin. I
> thought it might be because
> the gelatin was cheaper, but seeing your
> comment above, perhaps it is
> because using 100 percent agar would take it
> even longer to gel and the
> consumer is often in a hurry. Do you remember
> whether the agar mixes
> that you've used that had no gelatin took
> longer to gel than these two?

I have never used an agar mix without gelatin, as
the two that I mentioned previously are the only
ones I have used.  In a previous post, Selene
thought that they were gelatin free.  I don't
know if she has had experience with gelatin free
agar mix or not.  I am sure that she will pipe up
and tell us when she can.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.