[Sca-cooks] Almond Jello

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 5 23:53:20 PST 2003

Huette commented:
> If you read my previous message,it really isn't
> gelatin free.  It is just as easy to use, but it
> takes just a tad longer to set.
Ah! I was wondering why both of these two mixes did not use 100 percent
agar and instead added in some gelatin. I thought it might be because
the gelatin was cheaper, but seeing your comment above, perhaps it is
because using 100 percent agar would take it even longer to gel and the
consumer is often in a hurry. Do you remember whether the agar mixes
that you've used that had no gelatin took longer to gel than these two?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com