[Sca-cooks] Almond Jello

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 5 19:57:59 PST 2003

It's a pretty standard product in Japanese markets, where it is also
called kanten. It comes either granulated or, more traditionally
Japanese, in bars. It's also available in many natural foods markets, as
many vegetarians use it.

I've never used it myself, but I understand it takes longer to set up,
but then stays set at room temperature, when animal gelatin starts
getting soft.  I've heard of people using it for that property, when
they gelled things for buffets.

AEllin