[Sca-cooks] washing birds

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Mon Dec 8 05:46:32 PST 2003

You seem to have mistaken Stefan's amazement, amusement and honest
questions for sarcasm.  I'm going to assume that you are new and aren't
familiar with the usual tone of these conversations.  Stefan is a great
collector of knowledge - if you are in fact new, perhaps you haven't
seen his Florilegium (www.florilegium.org).  He, like all of us, doesn't
know everything and is frequently surprised by some of the seemingly
absurd things that pop up on this list.  He's a great one for asking
questions and seeking to learn more about unusual and counterintuitive
ideas.  His questions in this case are a good example.  He wasn't
challenging or insulting you, he was asking the questions that popped
into his mind about this cool but unusual idea.  I wondered the same
things and was looking forward to your answers to his questions.

Your sarcasm, on the other hand, has put my teeth on edge.  I'm trying
very hard to restrain myself from flaming you in response.  I'm giving
you the benefit of the doubt, assuming that you don't know the tone of
this list and Stefan's personality, rather than assuming you are a
snipey thin-skinned know it all.  I hope I'm right.

-Magdalena vander Brugghe

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei