[Sca-cooks] washing birds...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 8 10:12:30 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> The towel serves to "massage" the chickens helping to clean them and
> serves as a buffer while the chickens are agitating.  We used to do this
> every year when butchering.  I don't give advice or suggest things based
> on theoretical knowledge unless I clearly state it is theoretical.
>  Comparing it to a "stunt" and picking it to pieces certainly doesn't
> seem like a courteous way to ask for further information to me-it feels
> like ridicule.

Well, before you get up in an uproar, you might have thought a bit about the
fact that you're new to the List, and the rest of us have been together for
many years, in many cases. It took two years to get Stefan to admit to
having a sense of humor, and every now and then we pull his leg, just for
fun.

But, he does ask questions in all seriousness- he wants to KNOW. He has an
engineers mind, and looks at evrything closely. If he had asked you if
adding bleach would give you more white meat (not that he would- he's not
quite THAT credulous) it would have been a perfectly serious question.

So take a chill pill, apologize for jumping to conclusions, and relax and
get to know us- and take things as they'r intended, generally joking and
friendly, instead of inflamatory.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.