[Sca-cooks] Re: Sea Salt

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 9 10:18:29 PST 2003

I have heard that sea salt is better for you because it has additional
minerals in it - does anyone have documentation on this?

In Service to the Stomachs of the Knowne World,
Ignia il Nomade

>From http://www.realsalt.com/facts.html:

Not all salt is the same. The ordinary table salt that most of us eat is too
refined; it lacks the minerals we need. Also, yellow prussiate of soda and
other additives and preservatives are added to prevent caking, dextrose is
even added to improve flavor. About half of all table salt is supplemented
with potassium iodide, which wards off goiter. RealSalt contains 50 natural
occurring trace minerals like calcium, potassium, sulphur, magnesium, iron,
phosphorus, manganese, copper, iodine and zinc.

The rest of that page (and the site) has lots more facts on it.
Christianna