[Sca-cooks] waiting...

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue Dec 9 15:29:29 PST 2003

AEduin commented:
Also the type of knife helps.  I like a knife I got years ago and don't
know if I can replace it.  It's a small Chicago Cutlery paring knife that
has the point on the spine of the blade with the edge curving up to meet
it.  It makes it nice for small precise work like not shredding a bird
while I bone it.
<<<<
Okay, I'm not quite sure about what the point on this knife looks like. The "spine" is the back of the knife opposite the edge (on a single edged knife), right? Other than a few knives that I can think of that have a blunter, straight edge from a sort of corner to the point of the blade, don't all blades curve from the blade edge up the point of the knife, usually at the spine of the knife or near it? Or do you mean that the curve from the edge to the point of the knife is fairly steeply curved? I take it you want to be able to slice the tendons(?) holding the skin/meat to the bone with the forward edge rather than with the portion of the edge running parallel to the spine of the knife?

I know you mentioned you don't know if you could replace it, but do you know any pictures on the web which shows a similar knife, even if they are for cheap knock-offs?

Stefan