[Sca-cooks] gourmet sea salt

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 21:54:44 PST 2003

> we did a maple syrup tasting at our camp at pennsica few years ago, and
> i think we alos did an impromptu soy sauce tasting from the 5 or 6
> different bottles we had on hand as well...
> margali
>
> Johnna Holloway wrote:
> > maybe we could do a series of tastes tests on a variety of things
> like
> > peppers, giners, vinegars, mustards, salts, etc. That might be fun.
At this last Pennsic I went to a vinegar tasting class and afterwards a
few of us adjourned to a camp and had an impromptu Sekanjabin-tasting.
It is amazing how much variety you can get by simply using different
vinegars and different types of mint as well as honey vs. sugar or
different types of sugar.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas