[Sca-cooks] FW: I get the strangest phone calls...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 22:08:04 PST 2003

  Christianna asked:
> I haven't talked to the lady yet, but I just got a message from this
> woman
> saying she got my number off of the internet about haggis (?).  She
> said her
> daughter wants to take it to school for thier Scottish day,and
> wondered if
> I knew of anywhere locally she could get some.  I don't, and wondered
> if
> anyone on this list had any ideas.  (Locally meaning the Atlanta metro
> area).  I can't find the website information about the company that
> sells haggis online, anyoe have that one bookmarked?
If no one comes up with any bookmarks, you might try this file in the
FOOD-MEAT section of the Florilegium. There are a number of recipes in
there and a few comments on canned haggis. The comments on the canned
haggis seemed to be uniformly derogatory. If a website or company was
given here that sells haggis then I likely put this info into this file
but I just can't remember for sure.
haggis-msg        (94K) 10/25/01    Scottish haggis recipes. comments
on haggis.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/haggis-msg.html

Stefan
--------