Beef Stoganoff- was Re: [Sca-cooks] Recipe request- ot?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Dec 11 07:57:11 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> And there's always beef stroganoff (I'm still looking for a really good
> recipe, but...) or sour cream/chocolate cake... (again, had it before,
don't
> have a recipe off hand...)
>
> Generys

Originally, Beef Stroganoff was a luxury dish, rather than this hamburger
mess we see today.

Start with good steak- beef tenderloin comes to mind- and brown it, with
onions and a bit of garlic, Add a bit of red wine and water, and simmer
until it reduces to a thick sauce. Mix in the sour cream, heat through, and
serve over noodles. With this sort of thing, the only spices added should be
a bit of pepper, mabe a dash of salt- the idea is to let the flavors of the
ingredients come through. A bright crispy salad goes really well with it, or
qicly steamed green veggies with a dash of balsamic vinegar. Can't give you
proportions- I do it by eye, when I'm in the mood.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.