[Sca-cooks] mixers

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 12 06:44:31 PST 2003

Things I do with my KitchenAid:

I have used the meat grinder and sausage-stuffer attachments to make
sausage.  The grinder is also useful on those occasions when hunk o' meat
is cheaper than pre-ground.

The slicer/shredder attachment is great for cheese.  This is a job that the
food processor does *not* do well.  At my last feast, I had a lot of 2- and 3-
pound blocks of cheese that needed to be shredded for tarts.  I also had an 8-
year-old volunteer who was not allowed to use knives.  I cut the cheese into
slightly smaller hunks, and showed the young lady how to feed them into the
hopper.  She got through the entire job in a remarkably short time.

I use the dough hook all the time to make bread.  I can get 3-4 loaves out of
one batch, depending on how heavy the dough is.

I do not own the pasta attachment, and cannot comment on it.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net