[Sca-cooks] mixers

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 06:55:56 PST 2003

>Olwen replied to me with:
>>Stefan, it sounds like you are putting too much product into the
>>processor.
>>Try adding less and using the pulse mode and you should find a happy
>>way of getting a more desireabe consistency.
>Okay. Thanks. Yes, using the pulse mode did seem to help, but sometimes the
>larger stuff just floated on top of the ground up stuff.
>Can you actually get, say, quarter inch cubes of onions or green peppers
>with the food processor? Such as I guess you could get with a knife or a
>mandoline? Or just smaller stuff? Of course I can't always get the
>consistantly small size I want with a knife, either. Not unless I want to
>risk cutting my fingers.
>
>For isntance, my mom was complaining about the amount of peppers and onions
>she had to chop up when she was cutting the stuff up for the Southwestern
>Dressing I was making for Thanksgiving. Chopping a bunch of vegetables up
>is not a favorite chore of mine, either. I considered trying to use the
>mandolin but couldn't figure out how to do the green peppers with it since
>they are hollow.
>Stefan
>--------
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

Stefan, do you have one of those hand choppers that you push down on the top
to chop stuff?  They work reasonably well and you have more control over the
product than a fast grinding machine.
I am most happy doing all the chopping and grinding by hand.  I have a habit
of letting the water in the sink run to accompany me while doing chores like
that.  Of course, I let the water run when I clean too.
Olwen