[Sca-cooks] OT OOP: Movies Featuring Food

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 13:24:33 PST 2003

On 12/13/03 12:41 PM, "lilinah at earthlink.net" <lilinah at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I arfing freezing here - to save money i'm keeping my heat down - and
> it's 63 in my apt. I leave my coat and hat on all the time i'm home.
> I'm knitting a wool shawl and i got my unfinished wool mittens out to
> work on, too.
>
> So i figured with the long dark nights of winter, there's nothing
> like cuddling up draped in all the woolen fabric i bought for garb
> that i haven't sewn yet and watching some films.
>
> I'm making my own list of dark contemporary noirish stuff to rent,
> but in keeping with at least part of the topic of this list...
> besides Vatel, which we've discussed before, what other food oriented
> films (don't have to period or near period) do folks recommend?
>
> Or is this just too far away from Medieval and Renaissance Food to be
> tolerated?
>
> Anahita
> Chillin' in California

Oh, see "Vatel" again anyway, preferably with people you've cooked with.

"Eat Drink Man Woman" about a Chinese chef and his family.

Failing that, there's always Iron Chef.  IC USA [yuck] Turkey Battle [that
is not a joke, it would be too easy!] at 7:  Real IC [in this case, French
Chef Sakai] Strawberry Dessert Holiday Battle at 10 p.m.

Selene