[Sca-cooks] OT OOP: Movies Featuring Food

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Dec 13 14:44:50 PST 2003

It hasn't been made into a movie, but I think Johannes Simmel's The Monte
Christo Cover-up would make a fun romp.  It is a spy/crime novel punctuated
by memorable meals.  IIRC, the recipes are in the book.  One of the classic
scenes is the hero with the assistance of the heroine preparing a
Thanksgiving Dinner that isn't turkey, dressing and cranberries.

There are some historical inaccuracies, but I found it a fun read and even
made some of the meals many years ago.

Bear