[Sca-cooks] Foodie Reading - OOP

Diana Skaggs liadan at pldi.net
Sat Dec 13 18:13:36 PST 2003

We got 8 to 10 inches of snow yesterday, but I'm not much into movie
rentals. I do like to read. Diane Mott Davidson writes "Culinary Murder
Mysteries" starting with "Catering to Nobody." The protagonist, Gertrude
"Goldy" Bear (Where Everything is Just Right) is a caterer turned murder
solver in a series of novels. Other titles include: Dying for Chocolate,
Sticks and Scones and Tough Cookie. Diane's novels include Goldy's recipes.
I've tried out some just for jollies. Not bad.

Also, there's Susan Wittig Albert who writes about China Bales. Another
series of whodunits. China was a high-powered attorney who left the fast
lane to take time to smell the growing herbs. All her titles include herb
names: Thyme of Death, Mistletoe Man and Rosemary Remembered.

OFC - I forgot to freeze a loaf of banana nut bread, so ended up throwing it
out today. But, as I am a frugal soul, has anyone used a fruit bread to make
bread pudding? If so, how did it turn out? What about French Toast? Any
other ideas about what I could try. The bread wasn't moldy, just dry.

Liadan