[Sca-cooks] OT (OOP) Flu/Chili question

Hrothny/Rosine nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Mon Dec 15 04:54:27 PST 2003

   I recognise that part of this is self-evident, it's the other "fringies"
that I'm interested in. I've got the flu on top of a sinus/ear infection
(man, even my _teeth_ ache!) and have developed a craving for, of all
things, Wendy's chili. For some reason, it makes me feel better. I can
understand that the warmth and the mild clearing effect of the (barely
spicy) chili would do that, but - a craving? Comfort food? Beyond the two
things I mentioned, is there some sort of ingredient in their chili that is
somehow beneficial to sinus sufferers? Because you'd think it was chicken
soup I want, but it's not. And it's got my hubby laughing at me and
threatening to bring home a pregnancy test!
   (As another oddity, it doesn't upset my tummy, which many chilies do. It
soothes it instead. What makes it so different? It barely quals as chili, in
the affectionado's book, so it's puzzling. Almost as weird as my mom's
perchant for grapefuits when she needed something to sooth her ulcer.)

hrothny, up from too much medicine
(I probably wouldn't be sending this message if I could _sleep_!)